GIGGLES

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Landon and Happy Father's day Serge



Well, first things first. Landon had his birthday on Saturday.
I really can't believe he's one. He is getting so big now a days. He is rolling over quicker, but still not a pro at it(not like his victory kicks). He really is such a joy to be around and has the best smile. When I look back and realize how far he's come, how close we were several time to him dying, I just want to get down and say prayers of thanks. Life is really good. I'll keep my trials as opposed to those going on around me. I cannot say enough how grateful I am for our eternal family. He has a new trick--as seen in the picture.
Some highlights from his year.
Born June 14, 2007
1st Heart surgery June 21, 2nd Heart surgery August 10, Came home Sept. 19, 3rd Heart Surgery April 11. He knows how to bring objects to his mouth, suck and swallow and breathe at the same time, make kissing sounds, coo, roll over and his latest trick--picking his own nose. The boy amazes me all the time.

I love holding him and kissing his little forehead. He likes it too and goes right to sleep. I always told him that when he got home from the hospital he'd better count on me holding him lots. He's held me true to his word because for the first 3 months he did need to be held constantly. I didn't mind too much:) What a magnificent blessing he is in our lives.

And although both of these deserve their own posts, I don't have the time.

Serge is such an amazing husband and father. Hayden is loving his new bike riding time with his dad. Let's just say that he doesn't want to take a nap for fear he'll miss his dad coming home and going on a bike ride. The other day I was talking with Amy and telling her(early in the morning) that Hayden was going on a bike ride with his dad. Hayden responded by saying, "I need to get my helmet on." and then proceeded to do so. I had to tell him that it was only 10 am and that daddy doesn't get home until 5pm. He understood. I can get him to clean up a lot faster if I threaten no bike ride. It's great leverage. We're so excited to have Serge home for the Summer. Last year he had it off, but it didn't count. Thanks Serge for being a really great dad to two wonderful little boys.
A hiking trip we had. Hayden didn't want to walk any longer and Landon was done in his carrier. We thought we'd try it out. Hayden thought it was great. I can only imagine. . .

The Father and son's outing

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Wow what a year you have had! What a cute kid he's looking very blond! That's so fun how much Hayden loves to ride bikes with dad! What a sweet family you have!